We have opportunities for both individuals and groups to volunteer. We ask individuals commit to volunteering a minimum of once each week for a quarter. All volunteers will be subject to background checks and training.
Prior to starting, volunteers will be asked to attend an orientation held at 6pm on the second Monday of each month. If you are interested in attending an upcoming volunteer orientation, please fill out the contact form.
Adult Services Café
Volunteers assist in our Adult Services Café organizing lunch bags, cutting food, microwaving lunches, preparing plates, assisting diners with coffee and vending machines, and cleaning between lunch periods.
- Days/Times: Monday through Friday, 11am to 1pm
- Locations: Adult Services Building, 6160 East Avenue, Hodgkins
- Requirements: 18 years old
Helping Hand Center provides Afterhours opportunities for participants to socialize, gain independence, and learn new skills. Volunteers assist participants by modeling appropriate social behavior and encouraging participation.
- Days/Times: Monday and Wednesday, 3pm to 6pm | Thursday, 3pm to 5pm
- Location: Adult Services Building, 6160 East Avenue, Hodgkins
- Requirements: 14 years old (with parent signature)
Corporate & Group Opportunities
We are always looking for corporate and group partners to volunteer. Opportunities include:
- Community Outings
- Clean-Up/Landscaping Projects
- Skill-Based Projects
Locations and dates change depending on project and agency needs.